Boulder Chorale Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access Statement
The Boulder Chorale believes that a diverse membership, board, staff, audiences, and
collaborators strengthen our perspectives and ability to reflect and serve our community. We
share these value statements of our intentions and commitments to continuing to build a
diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible organization:
- The Boulder Chorale pledges to foster a diverse membership and leadership. We
welcome our singers, board members, and volunteers from all intersectional identities
of race/ethnicity, class, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or
lack thereof, disability status, and other marginalized identities.
- We recognize that diverse perspectives enrich our personal experiences and ability to
reflect our community. We appreciate our common humanity as well as our
- We acknowledge that we do not all start from the same place in this society.
- We believe that music is a bridge, from which we can listen, learn, and connect with our community.
- Every singer, parent of a child singer, volunteer, audience member, musical
collaborator, donor, and sponsor has a place in our organization.
- We will challenge ourselves to continually assess and address the evolving needs of
our members and community.
- We recognize that certain individuals face significant barriers, and our organization provides
equitable access, including financial scholarships, for all to participate in our program.
- We accommodate disabilities whenever possible to further enrich the participation of
our adult and child singers, audience members, and musical collaborators, and pledge
to continue providing access to participation.